POLISH BUSINESS AND INNOVATION CENTRES ASSOCIATION - PBICA
The mission of the Association established in 1992 is to support the creation and development of innovative enterprises and regions through factual and organizational support of organizers and management personnel of innovation and business centres in Poland. Currently, PBICA has above 200 members from innovation and business centres, as well as other institutions operating in the field of promoting entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development.
The aim of the Association is to:
- improve qualifications of organizers and employees of innovation and business centres,
- popularize knowledge as well as scientific and practical achievements in the field of organisation and functioning of innovation and business centres,
- support technology and innovation transfer, especially from science to economy,
- support the increase of competitiveness of small and medium enterprises,
- create model solutions of entrepreneurship support,
- build a modern job market,
- integrate and improve cooperation between innovation and business centres,
- promote research and educational activity in the field of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development.
The Association pursues its mission by:
- creating systems of information,
- organising training courses, consultations, conferences, symposia, competitions and conventions,
- publishing information and course materials and initiating publications in accordance with statutory aims of the Association,
- cooperating with other organisations and institutions from Poland and abroad in order to accomplish the statutory aims of the Association,
- conducting research, preparing analyses and evaluations (e.g. to orders of government institutions and international organisations) in the field of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development,
- cooperating with self-governments, local and central administration as well as academic and research units,
- monitoring development of Polish innovation and business centres, popularising the achievements in the political and self-government circles in Poland and abroad as well as providing these circles with information.
The Association serves as a network which coordinates and inspires people and organisations supporting entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development. The Association maintains professional contacts with over 600 innovation and business centres, the majority of which are technology parks and incubators, technology transfer centres, business incubators, loan funds as well as training and consulting centres.
PBICA is a non-governmental institution with a strong expert base actively participating in open debates on preparation of strategy and programme documents on the regional, domestic and EU level as far as innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer and regional development are concerned.www.sooip.org.pl
CENTRE FOR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer (CITT) was established at University of Warmia and Mazury (UWM) in Olsztyn in 2007 as a centre of cooperation between R&D sector and regional economy. CITT cooperates with local and regional entrepreneurs, associations of the entrepreneurs as well as higher education institutions and R&D units. CITT is a member of Enterprise Europe Network from 2008.
Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer activities are focused mainly on:
- implementation of projects with the aim of knowledge and innovation transfer to regional economy (Innovation Relay Centre Network, Enterprise Europe Network, internships for academic workers in companies, scholarships for PhD thesis that resolve entrepreneurs' problems, national technology transfer to economy etc.),
- carrying our regional surveys and research (needs of economy for best qualified workers, efficiency of using the UE funds in regional development, an impact of foreign investment on rising employment level and an inflow of new technologies, directions of changes in the regional economy structure, evaluation of innovation and competitiveness of Warmia and Mazury economy, social integration problems in region and others),
- providing experts' services for local and regional administration (diagnosing economic and social sphere, strategic and operational planning, advisory in resolving technical and organisational problems etc.),
- providing educational and training services for company workers,
- statements of technology innovativeness.
CITT offers various services such as:
- assistance in partner search - helps entrepreneurs and researchers from region to establish contacts with companies and research institutes in over 30 countries in the world,
- technology audit - provides assistance for entrepreneurs regarding identification of their technology needs and potential,
- access to several thousands of innovative technologies from network databases, organise technology missions and individual partner meetings,
- promotion of international technology partnerships, transfer and other themes: innovation, protection of intellectual and industrial ownership, possibilities of financing innovative actions from the UE funds - special workshops, conferences,
- organisation of internships in companies for PhD students and researchers.